Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New Review! I Knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter 4.5 Cranky Stars

I Knead You TonightI Knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Oh, Drew and Winston. They act like typical little kids on a playground. You know when they say if a boy pulls your hair and calls you names, he must like you? I mean that’s totally a bullcrap saying but I digress this is exactly how they act with each other. At times it made me wince. Like ouch calm down say something nice which eventually they do. It just takes some time and some jabs along the way.


Drew Woods is a single mother to a precious three-month-old baby named Riker. She has always had only herself to depend on so she works herself to the bone and suffers from tremendous mom guilt. She has Wren and her family to rely on, but Drew doesn’t work that way. She has always hated Winston Daniels. She can’t think of a single moment where they have anything nice to say to each other so when he steps in to drive her home after her car breaks, she is skeptical. When Winston steps into her threadbare and very cold apartment he packs her and Riker up and takes them home. Winston is suffering tremendously and using anything he can to cover up the pain. He doesn’t mean to be mean to Drew but it’s all they know. He slowly starts to come around and starts changing little things about himself. He even starts to be more hands on with Riker and that’s saying a lot. Yet under it all Winston is falling apart and ignoring a very real problem. Before Winston and Drew can be official, he needs to fix himself before he can truly love anyone else.


This book was a little racier than the other books in this series. Not a bad thing just different and I guess that’s just who Win and Drew are at their core. They fight and fork like rabbits. The fight leading to the explosive forking is what they live for. Yet I felt in some way I connected to Winston. I know how pain can change who you are at your very core. You start doing things to compensate or hide the pain. Plus, I noticed a few other similarities as well in other aspects of my life. Now I’m stubborn but at times Drew drove me crazy. Like Jesus Herbert Christ let someone help you! Their constant bickering at times got to be too much and It distracted me from the story. We get to see Wren and Foster and meet Sully and Porter (albeit briefly). Despite all that I Knead You Tonight is another Teagan Hunter success!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home