Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Review! The Rest of Me by Ashley Munoz 4 Cranky Stars

The Rest of MeThe Rest of Me by Ashley Munoz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


The Rest of Me will pull at your heart strings and simultaneously make you mad. At least it did to me. It’s about moving on after loss and falling in love even when you feel like you’re betraying the deceased man you promised to love forever. It’s about putting up a front in front of the kids to help them heal as well. It’s about going out your comfort zone and trying new things. It’s about forgiveness.


Layla has lost her husband to a senseless accident. She isn’t dealing with it at all come to think of it so when she gets a link to a ranch and someone says horses are great therapy, she jumps at the chance to heal her family. Her oldest son is lashing out, she’s finding it hard to be a single mom and most importantly the darn horses aren’t what she thought they would be which is simple and therapeutic. She’s falling apart and with occasional visits from her sister she tries to mend. When she finds someone to give her kids riding lessons, she learns it’s her new neighbor Reid. She dodges him at every interaction except to be friendly for the kids. Reid has come back home after suffering a loss and paying for it. He figures going back home with heal him, but he wasn’t expecting Layla and her kids. He falls for her and them but knows he must approach this slow. He teaches them the importance of the horses among other things. As time goes on, he starts to feel like second best with Layla always pulling him in then pushing him away. They both have baggage and secrets and they won’t move on together unless they get them all out.


I did like this book but at times it felt like too much from Layla. I understand she’s grieving I understand that you want to feel wanted. I have no bases for her reactions or how she’s feeling but at times I wanted to walk away from her. I found myself telling Reid just cut your losses man she still needs to heal. I can say I predicted how this story was going to end right away but kept trucking along and I was right. It did take me a little while to finish this book. Her kids despite it all seemed to be acting accordingly after such a big loss. Reid well I liked him granted he had a major secret as well. He was better than me though with sticking around. The ending of the book was when I started to really get into it then boom done. Maybe it was just my frame of mind and that’s why I kind of drug it out. I think many people would just love this book to feel the emotions of Layla and Reid. It would be a good book to make you sad and it will repair your heart after it’s all done.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home