Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Review! Neutral Grounds by Jiffy Kate 4.5 Cranky Stars

Neutral GroundsNeutral Grounds by Jiffy Kate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Shephard Rhys-Jones and Cecelia Calhoun are an unlikely pair. She taught him its ok to fall in love and get married and he taught her maybe it’s not so bad to rely on someone else. What started as a marriage of convenience turned into a relationship full of self-discovery. They shared an explosive weekend a few years prior to their marriage that has left them both changed in some way. Cece left kind of heartbroken and Shep running scared because eww feelings. Like the saying goes which must be Sheps motto is catch flights not feelings and that’s what he does. Adios Nola hello hometown of Dallas and his atrocious parents.


Flash forward two years and Shep is making Nola his hometown to be closer to his best friend Maverick and their successful business. Shep is a real estate mogul from a very rich and affluent family yet he strives to be out from under their rule. He sees Cece since she is Cary’s best friend but keeps her at a distance so when she offers herself up to help Shep when the family patriarch dies, he is stunned. Cece isn’t a damsel in distress. She has always taken care of her mother and her sister because well her mom isn’t very nurturing or caring. Neutral Grounds coffee house is her livelihood and what she lives for. When a relative from the past starts challenging her for this, she isn’t sure what to do. When Shephard explains what he must do in order to gain his inheritance tequila that sneaky mistress makes Cecelia offer herself up and suddenly she finds herself in a whirlwind marriage to the one and only unattainable Shephard. Feelings are on the line and boy does it get ugly and oh so sexy. What happens next is something you must read! Like now! Why are you still reading this? Anything by Jiffy Kate is worth reading go go go!!


I love Shephard Rhys-Jones heck I even love saying his fancy hyphenated name. I love that under his fancy suits he’s a guy with a good heart. I like that he wasn’t always a pretentious jerk except to those he had to be to. I loved that he stood up to his father and that vile mother of his. They made my skin crawl. Cece did drive me crazy at times and maybe it’s because I seen some of myself in her. Hello, my name is control freak. I also answer to anxiety ridden control freak as well. Yet she is almost guilty of self-sabotage and that’s not healthy.


Her mom also gave her an unhealthy view of love and marriage.I loved the chemistry between these two. My kindle was smoking! We also got to see beloved characters of books past. I have a serious question though. Can we get a Jules book? Please?!! I just adore him and want one of his self-care nights and a kiki. He’s fabulous baby! So, enough rambling just go buy this book and the others please!! You’ll fall in love with the French Quarter even if you never been and coming from a Nola girl Jiffy Kate does a phenomenal job of describing the uniqueness that is my hometown.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home