Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Review! My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes #1) by Eva Leigh 5 Cranky Stars

My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)My Fake Rake by Eva Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


This book was certainly a surprise. I am trying to read some romance. I thought this would be just another entry into the world of Hallmark movies. However, I was totally shocked. I loved this silly little story. It was so predictable but was so well written that I became one with the characters and couldn’t put it down.


It takes place in London in the early 1800’s. Lady Grace and Sebastian have been friends for years and are frequently found in the Benezra library studying together. She is a herpetologist and he is an anthropologist. The other character in this group is Mason, who is a naturalist. The problem is that Mason must find a wife and marry soon. Alas, Lady Grace has been told by her father that she must wed soon but she only has eyes for Mason. No men beat down her door because as a female scientist, no man is interested. Which is why she wants Mason. Afterall, their fields of study are compatible, and they could go on investigations together. Problem, Mason, doesn’t see her as a viable love interest. Thus, the title of the story-My Fake Rake. She decides to teach poor Sebastion how to behave like a Rake. He can then show interest in her in the hopes of making Mason discover a love for her. Some scenes are right out of old Lucy-Desi movies and other scenes make one want to cry.


I haven’t read such an enchanting story in a while. I highly recommend that everyone needs to read this. You’ll be charmed. It would make a great light-hearted movie.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home