Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Review! Beneath London's Fog by Iona Caldwell 5 Cranky Stars

Beneath London's FogBeneath London's Fog by Iona Caldwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


Well, this book was not what I was expecting but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Vampire stories are always fun for me ever since I found author Ann Rice. This vampire is a little different and because it is a short easy read, it ended too soon.


I liked the concept of vampires (however, the main character doesn’t consider himself one) having different levels of magical power. Because he was created hundreds of years earlier, he has way more power. There are only a few like him still in hiding. He gives us some of his background and the story starts in the 1565 in London where he meets his true love Annabelle. It then jumps to 1910 and this is where I got confused.


Of course, it is many years after Annabelle’s death and Jonathan is raising a daughter named Holly. She seems to be in her late teens, early twenties and is just starting to spread her wings. It is just a short time after the Jack the Ripper scandal and Jonathan is hesitant to let her leave home at night. There is what appears to be a vampire hunting in the city and creating hideous corpses. Jonathan knows of only one other vampire capable of such atrocious behavior, but she is dead.


I’m not telling you anymore but there is action and suspense as Jonathan tries to help the police. A great quick read for a dreary afternoon.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home