Thursday, July 16, 2020

New Review! Gifted by Moira Hale 4 Cranky Stars

GiftedGifted by Moira Hale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


We’ve all played that game of what if at some point in our life. Joking around about Xray vision or something like that. All the abilities sound great in the pretend world but apply them to the real world and it might not be so great. Your ability might be your downfall or someone else’s. Gifted is the story of Rebecca and ultimately Daniel. Students at a proclaimed academy for “gifted” kids who are taught to harness and use their “gifts” to advance themselves and make them ready for the real world.


Rebecca has always had a fear of her abilities and when she is offered a spot at Madison Academy, she is excited about the possibilities that are presented to her. Her first day she meets Daniel who is this enigma to everyone. A loner of a guy with tattoos and a dark cloud hanging over his head. He’s the resident bad boy but no one knows his reasons why. He is her suite mate along with Ben and Lauren who don’t make life easy. Total mean girls. Rebecca finds herself drawn to him and risks so much to save him. Daniel doesn’t want her help and he doesn’t want her involved. They clash and butt heads at every turn but slowly learn they are better together and the potential saviors of the kids at Madison Academy.


This book was different that’s for sure. I wasn’t crazy about Rebecca I’ll admit. I had a hard time getting a lock on who she was and her age because she was so gullible and flighty to me. She almost acted irrationally at times and that drove me crazy. Like girl calm down and use your brain. Maybe it was her gift that made her that way I can’t say. Daniel played his part to a tee. He knew what happening in that school because he’d been there since its inception. He had moments where I wanted to slap him. They even tossed in an evil scientist who swears all this is for the greater good. This book threw me for multiple loops that had me saying wait what. Which is cool I like twists and turns. For a debut book by this author I’d say this book was good. I liked the concept and plot and can’t wait to read the next book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home