Tuesday, August 25, 2020

New Review! Balthazar's Bane (Gaslamp Gothic #6) by Kat Ross 5 Cranky Stars

Balthazar's Bane (Gaslamp Gothic, #6)Balthazar's Bane by Kat Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


This is the 6th book in the series and the first one I have read. When Balthazar kills a necromancer with a debt and gets tangled up with said necromancer’s daughter, he ends up kidnapped by jinn and taken to a mythical city to work off the necromancer’s debt still owed to the master of the city. In an attempt to win his freedom without turning tricks, Balthazar agrees to enter a contest to retrieve a mystical sword.


It is enchanting, fun, and action-packed; I enjoyed getting to know Balthazar and Lucas. I kind of had a love/hate relationship with Zarifa's character based on her actions, but she was strong, independent, and free-thinking, mostly one step ahead of the guys. There is this weaving of good vs evil throughout the book, which was very enjoyable. Being transported to a mystical and magical city was delightful. Balthazar was a bit persistent and frustrating at times, while Lucas was devoted, loyal, and oh so conventional. I loved him to bits. The story flows well, even with this being the first book I have read in the series, I didn't feel lost. Paranormal fantasy in a historical setting is something new for me, but I can tell you that I will read more like this.





View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home