Thursday, September 10, 2020

New Review! The Jealousy of Jalice (A Disaster of Dokojin) by Jesse Nolan Bailey 3 Cranky Stars

The Jealousy of Jalice (A Disaster of Dokojin, #1)The Jealousy of Jalice by Jesse Nolan Bailey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I hate to give 3 star reviews but this book was very hard to read and understand. I kept going because I really wanted to like it. The story line seemed interesting but the writing was hard to follow. At first I thought I was seeing lots of typos but they were too consistent. When I finally Googled the words, they were gender neutral pronouns. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep up so I tendered to substitute "it" in some form when I came across one. Then it helped but the story became disjointed. As if that didn't spoil it for me, the story was too complicated the way written. The descriptive words used also had me fumbling.


The story is about a young girl in love with a young boy. She finds out he loves someone else and makes a deal with a demon to get his love. Simple premise but this author made it hard to follow all the ups and downs, twists and turns. Usually this kind of story pulls me in to it. This one kept pushing me away. Thus, I can only give 3 stars.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home