Monday, January 18, 2021

New Review! Ricochet by Lissa Lynn Thomas 4 Cranky Stars

 

RicochetRicochet by Lissa Lynn Thomas


4 Cranky Stars


I think this book is risky considering the current political climate. Smarmy politicians, downright sinister assistants, and all the current movements. I don’t want that to distract you though from the love story that blooms through it all. Addie is a tough as nails reporter, Ransom just trying to do his job a press secretary and Rhett the mystery source. How all their lives interconnect and come to this explosion of realizing you love who you love.


Addie and Ransom are like oil and vinegar she hates him with a passion solely based on who he works with and he just hates her but doesn’t know why. They fight at every press conference and you think surely these two will never see this as their version of foreplay. That is until Addie has a run in with a hit man and he protects her. She heads out to meet a new source and he’s along for the ride. Addie wasn’t expecting Rhett and falls hard. These three set out to put an end to this politician after Ransom finally realizes how unsavory his boss is.


I wish I could say more but the story is so intertwined I don’t want to give anything away. I will admit I struggled with this book. I read to get away from current events and this was like seeing it in book form. I really didn’t like Addie for a huge portion of this book. It also was like I read two separate books. The first half and the insta love and such had me kinda meh but then it picks up and I was ok with the throuple they became and how the plot played out. This is only my second book by this author and I truly enjoyed it. I found myself wanting to know how this would work. So give it a go and I hope you enjoy it



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home