Tuesday, April 13, 2021

New Review! Unwritten (The Zweeshen Chronicles #1) by Alicia J. Novo 4.5 Cranky Stars

 

Unwritten (The Zweeshen Chronicles, #1)Unwritten by Alicia J. Novo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


First off, that cover is beautiful second the page brakes were awesome as well. Sadly, none of this translated well for those with a Kindle. I did look up the cover in color though, so I still love it. This is a story for everyone. It has so many genres crammed inside at times it felt like a lot going on. This is truly an active reading book and you best come prepared with one heck of an imagination because Alicia Novo has described a very intricate world along with its characters. It’s literally a book inside a book.


Beatrix has always heard the whispers of books. This is how she chooses her next read and would rather be lost among the stacks not interacting with kids her age. Beatrix also knows she is vastly different than her peers because of the Furie lurking under her skin. Her grandpa taught her at a young age to control it. She finds a box of treasures from her grandpa and is unsure where they come from until a librarian pops into her room along with Emma and some crazy things start to happen. She finds herself in a sort of waiting room world called the Zweeshen. She learns she is so much more, but this world may not be what they seem. It’s here she meets a misfit group of people who become her friends and one infuriating boy who is at first tasked with keeping her alive.


I don’t want to give too much away. I will say at times I almost gave up on this book because Beatrix annoyed me. I know she’s a 16-year-old girl and is irrational and stubborn but jeez she had annoying moments. I also at times felt like the story jumped from one thing to the next and I had to retrace my steps thinking I missed something. The relationship between her and William was tentative at first but blossomed. I think it’s a neat concept of a book that we are all unwritten stories we just have to find out our genre and go on that adventure much like Beatrix and essentially William and their friends.


View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2021 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Giselle said...

Thanks for being on the tour! This sounds like a really fun, entertaining read overall!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home