Monday, November 28, 2016

New Review! My Friends Are All Strange by Margaret Lesh, 4 Cranky Stars

My Friends Are All StrangeMy Friends Are All Strange by Margaret Lesh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

I found the first few chapters of the book strange and silly and suspected that the author might have been on some kind of mind altering drug, until I realized that she was describing the leading character's mental breakdown...



17 Year old Becca maintains a 4.6 GPA as well as being Chief Editor of her school paper, besides that she still has not fully processed the death of her father two years previously. The pressure becomes too much and she suffers a mental breakdown in the high school cafeteria. She awakens to find herself in Brookside, a psychiatric care facility specifically for teens and young adults with psychiatric issues.



This is the story of Becca's journey to wellness and the relationships that she forges with other residents of the facility.



Aimed at YA I strongly recommend that this book be read by teachers and parents who place pressure on young people to achieve more and more. This book was an eye opener for me.



I award 4 stars to this offering.

View all my reviews

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2016 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Giselle said...

Haha your reviews are always so entertaining with the gifs! Thanks for hosting today! :)

 
At November 30, 2016 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Cranky TBC said...

You're welcome! Finding gifs to go with reviews is one of the best parts of this whole thing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home