Thursday, August 23, 2018

New Review! Play Me (Spotlight Collection #1) by Cary Hart 3.5 Cranky Stars

Play Me (Spotlight Collection, #1)Play Me by Cary Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


Ellie has a dream of being a country star. It’s her passion in life and when she can she sneaks out her mansion to sing her songs for whoever will listen. Her dad is adamant that she follows his footsteps and when she goes against him she finds herself out in the world tying to make it on her own. It’s here she meets Lee. He is working himself to the bone trying to raise money for his grandmas impending care. He doesn’t have time for Ellie, but she works her way into his heart. He wonders if he can truly have it all or will she leave and pursue her dreams just like someone else he knows.


This book was a very close 4 but sadly I just can’t. It felt disjointed at times and things were jumping all over the place. Suddenly we are here then we are here and I’m staring going wait what just happened. I liked the plot and the characters it just didn’t flow. I liked how Lee was willing to let Ellie go to chase her dream. I hated her dad with a passion and I wished her mom would have put her foot down. I hope book two is a little more polished. I hate writing reviews like this. This book had such potential.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home