Tuesday, September 18, 2018

New Review! Center of Gravity by K.K. Allen 4.5 Cranky Stars

Center of GravityCenter of Gravity by K.K. Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I may not know much about dance but I can tell you the chemistry between Theo and Lex pirouetted off the pages of this epic love story. They gave Jenna and Channing (RIP to that relationship) a run for their dancing money.


Lex has made a leap with her best friend Shane to go to LA and take a chance on their dream. Lex hasn’t felt good enough for the world of dance and her parents aren’t much of a help. She has endured a pretty tragic past and it shows. She has studied a certain choreographers work tirelessly and strives to be just as good as him. When she finally meets this man, she is put off by his gruff attitude and the way he seems to be annoyed by her. She dances her butt off to make it on a pop divas dance crew and nothing will stop her except maybe a man with an admirable work ethic and a killer smile he reserves just for her.


Theo has rules in place for a reason a very good reason. He has worked with Winter in the past and when the opportunity presents itself to train her dancers and produce her show he jumps at it. He didn’t like Lex at first she was good but she was way too naïve for this kind of job. The more he watches her push herself and how disciplined she is he is drawn to her like a moth to a flame. He starts to break the rules for her and that comes with serious consequences.


I absolutely loved these two. Yes, Lex was naïve in a lot of ways she had a lot of life to live. Theo was goal driven and knew what he wanted. Their chemistry and banter were sizzling. I hated hated hated Reggie. I called him from the moment he showed up all cocky swagger and cruddy attitude. Winter didn’t sit well with me and I could never really figure out why she was that way. Everyone needs a Shane in their life and if you do then count your lucky stars!


I know when K.K. Allen writes a story we are in for a real treat and she nailed this story. Now excuse me I’m going to try to dance my way out this review. *trips over my own two left feet



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home