Tuesday, September 25, 2018

New Review! Gravel Road by Stephie Walls 3 Cranky Stars

Gravel RoadGravel Road by Stephie Walls
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


Austin and Miranda were high school sweethearts until an accident ripped them apart. Miranda escaped the small town and moved to New York, so she could rebuild her life. While Austin stayed behind in Mason Belle, Texas and pined over the love of his life.


The premise of the story is great, and the story had great potential, but the characters came across as flat and predictable. Miranda came across as a spoiled brat. Her sister Sarah was the true star of the book. Austin came across as a gigantic jerk. It was full of cliches and tropes. It took me out of the story.


I didn’t like that it took to long for the reveal of why everyone in Miranda’s family hated her. That subplot dragged on forever, when it should have been revealed at the start. I think I liked the secondary characters a lot more than the main characters. They had more substance and carried the story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home