Thursday, April 18, 2019

New Review! Haunted Melody: A Ghost Story by Alyson Santos 5 Cranky Stars

Haunted Melody: A Ghost StoryHaunted Melody: A Ghost Story by Alyson Santos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


First things first dear reader clear your calendar and get some tissues ready because you won’t want to put it down nor will you ever be the same. I will admit I went into this thinking oh another Alyson Santos book sign me up it’s no secret I’m a diehard fan but it’s so much more. It did take me to about the 40% mark to make sense of what was happening but once I hit 41%, I was off and couldn’t stop. I’m still shaking my head and trying to clean up the tissues.


There is a once stately home built in the old days made for a large family now years later it’s fallen in shambles and hasn’t seen the family that was supposed to grace its halls. It’s here that Milo Marchesi once famed rocker lives with several other people such as Lena, Addie Rose and always angry Roy as sort of a halfway house. He dwells in the basement on a pile of dirty blankets with only a sketchbook for company. He has strong visions that he feels are payments for his sins. The basement he feels is haunted by someone only he seems to sense and it’s not until they reveal himself he learns he is dealing with a very scary woman. He doesn’t see her face and all she does is scream but he feels there is something she’s trying to tell him he decides to call her Grave Lady. When Milo starts confronting his past he starts to see Grave Lady for who she truly is and her true purpose for haunting his basement room. Is it possible for the broken reclusive rock star to fall in love with someone on a whole other plane of existence?


I don’t want to spoil this book. There is no real way I can describe where this story fits or how it makes sense it just does. I know my words will never do this story justice. It was in a world of its own. When that plot twist happened I was like whoa.


I usually pride myself on figuring out books well beforehand but this one threw me. Oh there was signs and clues but it was a slow building process. I’m slow clapping Alyson Santos for a book that is sure to stick with me for some time.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home