Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Review! Broken Angels by Russell Heath 4 Cranky Stars

Broken AngelsBroken Angels by Russell Heath
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This was a very gripping story. I found it raw and complex in the greatest way. The lead character, Kris, was so multi dimensional. She wasn't some virginal, untouched angel. She was damaged, sullen, and sometimes downright unlikable. Which made her more human than any woman I've read about in recent memory.


That's what I like most about this book. The people are so human and imperfect that sometimes it seems like a true crime novel. No one is model thin and effortlessly gorgeous. They're all just scarred people caught up in a murder mystery. The writing is so descriptive that I was easily able to form the scenes in my head. Mr. Heath was able to describe Alaska in such a way that it became a character all it's own. At times it was beautiful, and other times it was bleak and dreary. I loved this writing style and I do recommend it. 4 out of 5 stars. I will be reading more of this writer's work.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home