Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Review! Conheartist by K. Webster and J.D. Hollyfield 4 Cranky Stars

ConheartistsConheartists by K. Webster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This book is quirky, and I dig it. It’s like a bunch of troupes married into one crazy book. We have a mobster with goat minions, a rather strange 22 year old woman named Francis and a con artist with enough swagger and good looks to get him anything he wants within reason of course. Hijinks ensue and boy you must hold onto your seat for this ride. Kidnapping and running from the mob has never been so funny or make you swoon like the story of Francis and Luca.


Francis runs an antique shop that was once owned by her mother. Her only friends are two batty old broads one that works with Frannie and of course her precious dog Chandler Bing. This town is all she knows so she stocks her freezer with Lean Cuisine and hopes to get her hands on the next VHS of Sweating to the Oldies. One thing you’ll never see Francis do is curse she has a language all her own. She is totally not your typical 22-year-old woman. When suddenly out the blue as she’s about to sweat to the oldies a man starts beating on her door. She is scared and boy Chandler isn’t having it, but the man breaks in anyway and takes Francis with him. Luca is a con artist and his latest con didn’t go according to plan. When he is tasked with kidnapping a woman and getting her to LA in exchange for his family, he knows he’s about to add kidnapping to his list of crimes. He wasn’t expecting Francis and her wacky ways and her ankle biting dog. She annoys him and he just wants to get them to their destination in one piece. Slowly but surely Francis proves she an asset to his cons and invites her into the fold. He starts to slowly fall for her not expecting what will happen next to be why he was put in Francis path.


Like I said quirky and strange. I think at times Francis annoyed me. I know she was sheltered but man she’s a neurotic mess. Funny at times sure but I guess it takes someone like Luca to put up with her. This book was told from duel points of view of course then we get one weird chapter by an unlikely source and that made me go ok then. The most random things happen to Francis and Luca like skinny-dipping with pot heads and commandeering the Mystery Machine. I can honestly say I’ve never read anything like it. I really liked the last few chapters and I wish the book had more of that. Their road trip is one for the books that’s for sure. I’m happy to say I got to read this gem. Even the goatfather didn’t scare me.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home