Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Review! The Night Weaver by Monique Snyman 5 Cranky Stars

The Night WeaverThe Night Weaver by Monique Snyman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


The Night Weaver was way out of what I normally read, and I couldn’t put it down. The author takes you on a journey right along with Rachel and Dougal with the way she describes what is going on around them. I’m usually one to shy away from books with over descriptive text but when Rachel plunged her hand into that cocoon like tree I felt just as gross as she felt. So, buckle up and plan to dedicate some time to this book. I think it’s perfect for the reader who likes the gritty side of fairies and other supernatural creatures. Reader beware this book might make you squeamish and realize the fair folk are a lot more evil than you imagined.


Rachel notices some strange going ons in her tiny town of Shadow Grove. Young kids are going missing left and right and not a single adult seems to really care. In fact, she starts to notice that some of the adults acting very Stepford Wife her own mother included. When her plucky elderly neighbor suggest she goes through her late fathers’ journals to get a better understanding of what is going on she learns that the forest that no one dares enter is alive and looking for its next victim. It’s on this journey to save the kids and the others she befriends Dougal her neighbor’s grandson, Greg the towns golden boy and who can forget Orion. Rachel’s seemingly mundane life is about to be flipped on its axis and she knows she must save Shadow Grove, her mother and all those missing children.


“The stars may be everlasting, but the most precious things are fleeting and fragile and one of a kind.” I loved this quote! I liked Rachel she was a pretty kick butt chick. She charged in without any hesitation about her safety. She wanted to get those kids back. Dougal was the perfect best friend to Rachel he wasn’t going to let her go alone. Orion surprised me I was unsure about who he was, but he proved to be a decent guy. He may be a fairy but he’s a good one for the most part. He would make a good book boyfriend. A few times I had to go back and re read what I wrote because it seemed to jump to something else but it didn’t hinder the story one bit. I hope that this is the beginning of a series because it should be. I can imagine all the adventures Rachel can go on with these men by her side.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home