Tuesday, November 5, 2019

New Review! Obey Fate (Fated Duet #2) by Abigail Davies 5 Cranky Stars

Obey Fate: (Cade & Aria: Easton Family Saga) (Fated Duet #2)Obey Fate: (Cade & Aria: Easton Family Saga) by Abigail Davies
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Obey Fate had me leaning into the Kindle with each sentence. I was mentally cheering Aria on in my head. Like a mama I wanted to see her beat this thing. I had high hopes for her and Cade despite their precarious position. Remember Obey Fate picks up right after Defy Fate ended. So please just do yourself a favor and read this duet. Get to know Aria and Cade and fall in love with them.


Aria and Cade have found themselves in a situation they can’t win so they part ways even though their hearts are begging to stay. Aria is mentally ill and it’s only becoming worst. She’s spiraling while trying to maintain a happy face. She knows she can’t turn to Cade because of Willow holding their secret over their head. She is just adrift and lonely and her past is catching up. Cade loves Aria and hates that he is being blackmailed by Willow. He tries so hard to keep Aria at a distance, but he knows how fragile her mental state is and when she shows up at his door in a manic high, he knows he has to step in and consequences be damned. Together they navigate a road to wellness yet while keeping a secret it’s a dangerous game, but love makes you do crazy things.


Woo I can’t say too much about this book in a review So much of the plot can be told in a few sentences yet not. You know what I mean? Mental illness is a harsh thing to deal with and Aria is suffering. She is carrying a mental image of her childhood that no one should have to witness and without therapy. Mistake number one. Her mother is one of those if we don’t talk about it then it must have never happened people. She drove me batty she was so self-absorbed It seemed her mental state wasn’t that great as well. Cade dealt with a lot, but he was steadfast in what he believed. He was the perfect book boyfriend and I want to claim him just like so many others will. Willow oh em gee I wish her and Jasmine would take a long walk off a short pier in concrete shoes. They were just nasty and mean. I jumped on this book as soon as it landed on my kindle and I practically read it in a day. I was just that invested and you know that’s when you have a good book in your hands. You really need to read this duet but be prepared because it does deal with some sensitive topics and if you are kind of squeamish like me take my warning but still just give it a try. Obey Fate gave us the ending that filled us up with hope. Hope that with the right people in your corner you have a long journey ahead and a lot of life to live.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home