Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Review! The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor #1) by Shannon Nemechek 5 Cranky Stars

The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1)The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion by Shannon Nemechek
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


This is a well written enchanting story that takes place in Savannah. The author has thrown in some historical romance so that it is technically historical fiction. The key history is the American Revolutionary War and the War between the States. There is a little time travel/memories and magic. I got wrapped into the story every time I picked up the book, which wasn’t too often as I found it hard to put down to begin with. Every time I read a book like this, I have to write down the names of other books by the author as I am hooked on her writing.


The main character, Katie Butler is a Major in the US Army. She is on an extended leave and has gone to Savannah to experience its history and relax. She is somewhat superstitious but doesn’t believe in ghosts and magic. However, she is staying in a hotel steeped in history and believed to be haunted. Her first night in town, she visits an antique bookstore and goes to a story hour in the hotel. She learns of the Book of Eleanor that supposedly can’t be found. The person who finds it will be whisked away, never to be seen again. Since she loves old books this is a challenge for her that must be met. The book also is a link to a true love.


I loved all the stories about the people in the past. Just thinking that some of these events were true is mindboggling. How could people have treated people like this and how could they have lived in such dire conditions? Well, they did and, in some cases, still do. Time hasn’t changed that much. I hope that everyone that reads this book, loves it as much as I did.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home