Tuesday, March 3, 2020

New Review! Initiation (Wolfpack University #1) by Apryl Baker 4 Cranky Stars

Initiation (Wolfpack University, #1)Initiation by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


I’ve binged Apryl Bakers The Ghost Files series and The Crane Diaries and really enjoyed them so I was excited to read this new series. I will say it will trigger some people with the experience that Clementine goes through. I can’t really say what because that will be giving away a major part of the plot in my opinion. I just hope as the books grow so does Clementine. She was just ok to me sadly I understand why she was angry and didn’t trust anyone. I could understand why she felt like she was going crazy because who really wants to believe shifters exist? I mean she was a girl from Texas who was raised in California and hated the word y’all and didn’t know what a twang was. Seriously though? She has suffered a lot of loss so to say Clem went through a lot in her limited years on this earth is an understatement. She makes discoveries about herself that she would have never seen coming. She also didn’t expect Cole. The burly football player who one minute is short with her and doesn’t want her around to suddenly accepting she is here to stay. He concedes to his wolf when it comes to her. He isn’t sure if he is ready to give up his pack for this girl and as the book goes on, he realizes the instincts can’t be stopped. He is liked by many of this campus and has his two best friends by his side. When Clementine’s past shows up on his campus, he is forced to make a decision that will affect everyone’s lives.


I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it because toward the end I did. It just took me a little while to get rolling with it. I know you can’t like every character in every book. I didn’t dislike her I sympathized with her but she was just ok to me. I did like Cole even when he was surly. I’m hopeful that the series will grow with Clem and Cole as they grow.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home