Tuesday, March 24, 2020

New Review! That Night by K.I. Lynn 5 Cranky Stars

That NightThat Night by K.I. Lynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


Wow, I was blown away by this book. I don’t usually like romance stories. When this started, I had the sense of déjà vu common with them all. I even almost stopped reading because it was so like others I’ve read recently. But then it took a turn and I no longer wondered if it was original. The characters were believable and even loveable. In today’s busy world, this story is probably true in so many instances.


Our heroine is a hard working twenty-seven-year-old. She has worked really hard to get to her position. However, she is overwhelmed when the boss she is covering goes out on maternity leave early. Then another individual leaves the company. So, not only is she learning a new job but also covering two others. Not much time for rest and relaxation. Then along comes the company Christmas party in Chicago. Off she goes to relax and have some fun. As is typical, along comes the perfect man. They meet when he spills her drink on her dress. It was a great party and looked even more promising until her best friend breaks her ankle. Back to the hotel they go. For six weeks she hears nothing from this guy and is devastated. You can probably guess why. Then she walks into a meeting with the corporate bosses and WHAT! The rest is an up and down of emotions where we get to learn all of their deep dark secrets. Great beach read or in my case, quarantine read.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home