Tuesday, June 30, 2020

New Review! Wild Child: CroXroads by LaVerne Thompson 3 Cranky Stars

Wild Child: CroXroadsWild Child: CroXroads by LaVerne Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I will start by saying I have mixed feelings about this book. There are some really great moments mixed with poor writing choices and strange tonal shifts.


I feel like Kasha could have been a great heroine, but her reactions and internal dialogue are strange. For example, when her loved one dies, someone she was intimate with, she is laughing and thinking of another man sexually with in the same day! Her reactions and thoughts are often wooden, robotic, and not rational.


The hero, Leonidas, is much better written. His reactions and internal dialogue makes a lot more sense and therefore he is the more relatable of the two. I think calling the 2 different worlds Primary Earth and Earth Prime was a bad choice. It got a bit confusing at times and the differences in the people from the 2 worlds were convoluted. There needed to be bigger differences.


It was sort of forgettable. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. It was meh.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home