Tuesday, March 9, 2021

New Review! Athalie (Sacrificial Chronicles #1) by Jordan Elizabeth 4 Cranky Stars

 

Athalie (Sacrificial Chronicles Book 1)Athalie by Jordan Elizabeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


I normally like this author's books/stories. However, this story is lacking something but I'm not sure what, thus 4 stars.


It is about a strange world in which girls that are between thirteen and eighteen are considered ready for the ultimate sacrifice. Each year one girl is chosen out of all the girls available. Usually, if an older sister is already in service to the priests, the younger sisters are not in the running. Surely, the Gods won't take all daughters away from a family. Since Athalie's older sister is in service, she feels she is safe but why have they put her in the circle of girls to be chosen? This is a Priest based society. The high priest supposedly has direct contact with the Gods and his voice is their voice. So, when Athalie, just seventeen is chosen, she is sure it is a mistake. She has a fiancé, and is going to be married.


What happens next is the crux of the story. This seems more like a novel about a cult and I hate that mindset which is probably why I had a hard time reading this book. Then there is the whole abuse going on in the name of the Gods. I doubt I would read the next book but others may find this book fascinating.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home