Thursday, September 30, 2021

New Review! Anywhere Else by Kayla Hicks 5 Cranky Stars

 

Anywhere ElseAnywhere Else by Kayla Hicks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Leena’s life is at a crossroads, does she stay with her abusive alcoholic mother or does she strike out on her own? After a few devastating fights with her mom and an out of nowhere breakup with boyfriend Chase, Leena has to make several difficult decisions. Luckily enough our heroine has a guardian angel in her best friend Sydney.


OMG I could so relate to Leena. The parts with the abusive mom hit home for me. Leena is so much more than the hateful words her momma spews at her. There were moments in this story where I had to briefly pause and gather myself. I have never wanted to hug a character so bad in my life. There are gloriously happy moments that just made me smile. Leena got her groove back. There are two deliciously hot men waiting to make her happy. First up is Garrett, her ex-boyfriend’s best friend, he just seems too good to be true. And then there is Brent, a hottie who seems to be too real. One has secrets that could destroy Leena’s chances at a happily ever after. Who will she choose once all the secrets have been revealed?


I loved this story. It did not gloss over the bad and the ugly of dealing with an alcoholic parent. I found it hard to put the story down, I devoured it in one night. It was well written, and such a beautiful story. I will recommend this story to others.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home