Friday, April 22, 2016

New Review! Family Unit by Z.A. Maxfield, 3 Cranky Stars





I love a good family drama with a love that stands the test of time. This book definitely fits that bill.

Maxfield did an amazing job of portraying the relationship between Logan and Richard. They're two lonely hearts that find each other in small town suburbia. 

Richard has custody of his grandson Nick and his first priority is and will always be Nick.

I loved how the author wrote about the feelings and struggles involved in a same sex relationship. The way the "outside world" can be cruel and judgmental towards them and how they react pulled at my heartstrings.

While I would love to give this book 5 stars, I couldn't because it needs a good edit. Throughout the book, the author mixed up the characters names. Although it was easy to figure out who was actually speaking or who was mentioned, I did have to stop and figure it out which took away from the story.
I do look forward to reading more from this author.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home