Friday, April 22, 2016

New Review! Ultraxenopia by M.A. Phipps, 4 Cranky Stars





Wynter lives in a dystopian world so different and foreign to the one we live in presently. The governing State discourages people to be individuals, express their opinion, their passion or to simply be free. Fear governs the population and to break the laws equals punishment, prison or death.

That is the world where Wynter was born and lives until her twenty-first birthday. 

When I started reading the book, I thought Wynter was younger because she seemed quite naïve and timid. Then the rules she lives by becomes apparent and I started to understand why she was like that.

Don’t stand out. Blend in. Be invisible.

During the examination she had to sit in and try to pass in order for the State to determine which type of job or life she would follow, something happens to Wynter that makes her a prime target of the State…or worse, its scientists. The events that follow are not pretty and might not be suitable to those with faint hearts.

But those events make Wynter change and grow stronger. By this time, I was so captivated by her story that I found myself devouring the pages within hours of starting it. 

I rooted for her and prayed that she would eventually be free from the grasp of the State and find happiness. When she finally did, she became a pawn for a completely different group of people. Or so it seems. 

Then she met a love interest. Will he be the one?

 Hope blossomed in my heart only to be broken once more as destiny appeared to be intent on ruining her life. I was still picking up pieces of my broken heart when I found myself facing the end of part one. My reaction wasn’t a pretty sight.

Alas, this is the first book to an intriguing series. I dare you to pick it up and read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home