Friday, April 22, 2016

New Review! Crow by A Zavarelli, 3 Cranky Stars




I picked this book up on a whim because I felt like a decent mafia read. 

The story centers around McKenzie "Mack" Wilder who is in search of her missing friend, Talia. Tough, smart, savvy, and determined, Mack is a female lead I could get behind.

Her quest to find Talia brings her into the path of Lachlan Crow, a Mafia prince, who is nobody's fool, but has his own demons to conquer.

Mack goes in undercover at a mafia owned bar to try and unravel the mystery of Talia's disappearance. As links to Mack's past are revealed, the dangers she faces are compounded. 

So too is her heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book until about 65%. When links and plot threads were made and revealed, I found them to be unconvincing. Sure. We have to suspend belief in fiction, but some of these revelations were a let down and/or not well-executed. 

I particularly enjoyed Mack's attitude and fighting spirit. She was the best part of this work for me and I did get warm fuzzies when her relationship with Lachlan developed. They were two people who didn't trust others and gave a new definition to the term 'wary', but the heart has a way of seeing through the veneer.

All in all, this was a good, solid yarn. I will certainly follow on with the rest of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home