Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! He Loves Me Healthy, He Loves Me Not by Renee Dyer, 5 Cranky Stars



Chiari Malformation: it's a term I'd never heard of and now is one I won't forget. This book is one of those that changed my outlook on life.

I picked this book up on a whim. The synopsis appealed to me and it's been incredibly enlightening about chronic illness, those who suffer and those who bear witness. 

Told from dual points of view: Brenna, the sufferer, and her husband, the witness. The narration from both points of view really made this book hit home. It lays out all their struggles and frustrations, feelings of inadequacies, and difficulties in communication. Their love and devotion to one another.

This is an amazing love story. It's love in defiance of difficult circumstances. Love as affirmation of life in the shadow of death.

If you are looking for a book with substance, I highly recommend this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home