Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! My Perfect Imperfections by Jalpa Williby, 5 Cranky Stars






I can’t talk.
I can’t walk.
I’m alive.
But, am I living?
My name is Lily Cooper, and I have Cerebral Palsy.
I can’t seem to control my muscles. My body refuses to cooperate.
I may be confined to my wheelchair, but my mind is sharp.
And I’m stubborn as hell.
I will not allow my disability to define me.
I will pave my own path in life.
I choose strength.
I choose to live.


Jalpa Williby writes an inspirational heartwrenching tale of living life's challenges without giving up. The author definitely did her research and was able to teach us all without it feeling like a lecture.

Lily Cooper has Cerebral Palsy and is a true heroine in my eyes. She is strength personified and stubborn as hell. Her best friend is her twin sister, Layna, who tries to include Lily in everything she does.

To me this book is more about the strength Lily possess as opposed to the disability itself. To say that I have a new hero would be an understatement.

This book brought perspective to my eyes about having the strength to overcome anything in my life. With that said, this book gets my highest recommendation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home