Monday, January 2, 2017

New Review! The Limbo Tree by T.N. Suarez, 3 Cranky Stars

The Limbo TreeThe Limbo Tree by T.N. Suarez
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

**** 3 Cranky Stars ****



14 yr old Samantha takes a tumble from the big old oak tree ( the Limbo tree) in her backyard. Elderly neighbour Hazel is on hand to help her up and revive her, this results in them becoming firm friends untill Hazel disappears without saying goodbye. Her house gets put up for sale and soulmate Elliot moves in with his family.



After the death of her baby brother, Sam is left pretty much to her own devices as her parents are locked up in their own private worlds. Sam's life is complicated by crippling nightmares which haunts even her waking hours. She gets to a point where she fears going to sleep.



I kept reading the book despite the dream scenes being repetitive and going on too long, hoping for a conclusion, instead there is an alternate reality and in my opinion an unfulfilling ending.



I was left with a feeling of incompleteness.



Sadly I feel that a rating of 3 is generous.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home