Sunday, February 5, 2017

New Review! La La Land by Logan Keys, 5 Cranky Stars

La La Land  (The Last City, #2)La La Land by Logan Keys
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

La La Land is one of those books I couldn't wait to get in my hot little hands. I devoured it in pretty much one setting and then sat staring at the walls wanting to read it again and wanting the next book in the series.



The books starts where Gods of Anthem left off: Tommy and Liza in captivity, forces scattered, the rebellion smashed, fates unknown and shadowy forces at work.



La La Land starts with a hiss and a roar and doesn't give up. The pace is break-neck and I reeled from one event to the other. Faced with life and death and limited resources, our heroes pick up and pack up to find some answers. Crossing a country no longer recognizable, the two have to deal with what's external and inside themselves.



Just when I felt the need to catch my breath, Keys takes her foot off the pedal and introduces a new voice into her series - one in the wilds of a broken America facing its own set of life and death challenges.



The writing in this is poetic and entrancing. I found myself up all night just to get to the end, just to put the pieces of the puzzle together, and analyze the deeper mysteries.



When I thought I had it all figured out, Keys hit me from out of the blue. My cold, dark heart lurched. It might have had feelings. I might have said bad words.



This is one of the best dystopian series out there and if you're a fan of this series or of humans and monsters - pick it up.



Highly recommended.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home