Thursday, May 11, 2017

New Review! Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning, 4 Cranky Stars

Darkfever (Fever, #1)Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

When her sister is murdered, MacKayla (Mac) Lane heads to Ireland to get some answers. With only a cryptic phone message to go on and not much else, she enters into a world she didn't know existed. She has a cryptic phone message to go on and not much else.



In Ireland, Mac begins to learn about her 'gift' and a heritage she isn't aware of. Hunting for the elusive and mysterious Sinsar Dubh, a sacred text, Mac finds herself in all sorts of trouble.



She's both helped and hindered by the enigmatic Jericho - who might be her best ally or worst enemy.



I take my hat off to the author's world building and imagination. Moning paints a fascinating world that I longed to know more about.



I liked Mac. She's brave and a little self-absorbed, but she made me laugh and fear for her safety.



At times, this book dragged and I did feel that parts of it could have been cut and tightened.



All in all, a great start to a series.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home