Friday, June 23, 2017

New Review! Underground Magic by Natasha Larry, 5 Cranky Stars

Underground Resistance (Underground Magic)Underground Resistance by N.R. Larry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



5 Cranky Stars

I was absolutely riveted from start to finish. I pretty much finished it in one night and immediately checked to see if the next one was available. Trust me. That is rare!
Alas, I have to wait until July 2017 for the follow up, but as soon as it arrives on my hot little kindle - I'll be devouring it.




Lawrence Kincaid used to be in the resistance fighting against the fascist, Eugenics based ruling Party with laws based on "racial purity" and anti supernatural. Camps, enslavement, kill orders - the Party has no compassion when it comes to those declared "impure". Lawrence is everything they hate: she's black and a powerful witch.



Five years ago, she walked away and hid with a small group of survivors in the magically protected Underground. Lawrence avoids the surface. She's suffered too many defeats there, but people she loves has been taken and she aims to get them back.



A chance meeting with a shifter, Ty, puts Lawrence on a collision course with not only the Party, but her self. Her element is a power that even she is afraid of, but in order to change the world, she might have to break it.



I highly recommend this story. I thoroughly enjoyed the parallels with history and also, current events. The characters were engaging and likeable. Some of the twists made me sit up and take notice.



I can't wait for the sequel and also, a pre-equal would be good too. *Hint, hint*.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home