Tuesday, January 23, 2018

New Review! Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots #1) by LK Farlow 4.5 Cranky Stars

Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)Coming Up Roses by L.K. Farlow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Myla Rose just had the impossible news dropped on her. She’s with child and the father is a spoiled brat who just ups and walks away. This should break a girl but not Myla Rose. She’s tough and resilient which is a trait she gets from her Gram. Her world explodes when she literally rams a buggy into the handsome Cash Carson down at The Piggly Wiggly. She is hesitant because hey she is with child what man would want that but she couldn’t be more wrong.


Cash Carson thought his life was on the right track. Setting out to propose to his girlfriend of six years only to catch her with someone else. He tucks tail and heads back to his hometown of Dogwood. Here he opens his own carpentry shop and makes a life for himself. When the beautiful Myla Rose crashes into him he knows deep down he found his one. What he didn’t realize is that they’d jump a lot of hurdles to be together.


I truly enjoyed this story and all the southern sayings. I actually pictured all this happening in the tiny town I currently live in. I hated Taylor with a passion he was such a jerk (I would call him worse) he didn’t deserve to breathe air. I love the interaction between Carson and Myla and even with the others in the group. The only thing that held me back at times was Myla herself. I get wanting to be an independent woman and not wanting to have someone talk to her like Taylor did but girl get a grip Cash isn’t that man. I truly enjoyed this story with a twist it takes a real man to be a Cash and trust me this is a subject I know a lot about.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home