Tuesday, March 27, 2018

New Review! Man Handler by Shari J Ryan

Man HandlerMan Handler by Shari J. Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Over all a very cute story and very enjoyable too. Scarlett (Ilove her name!) is a grumpy city girl and Austin is a hot southern gentleman. Because of a job mishap Scarletts' best friend convinces her that moving to South Carolina is a good idea.


To be completely honest I wasn't sure I would like Scarletts' character at all. When we first meet her she is like 18 or so and she irritated me with how annoyed she got with her boyfriend. It seemed excessive. Then, the way she handled the situation was grossly immature and extreme. At least to me anyway.


Despite the bad start Scarlett started to grow on me. As wacky as this sounds, I think Scarlett irritated me so much because we are kind of alike. The control issues, the tendency to push people away, the disinterest with people outside of work. ...yeah a lot alike. I was like what kinda of guy would find all of that hot? But it worked for her. The relationship between her and Austin is unique. They verbally spar a lot but they seem to enjoy it.


Learning about Scarletts mom was sad but good, in a way. It explained so much. I loved the resolution, and the impact it had on their relationship. All of a sudden they seemed less juvenile. It felt more realistic. One problem with this book is editing. There are errors. Just enough to annoy but not enough to completely distract from the story.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home