Thursday, May 10, 2018

New Review! Everything Under the Sun by Jessica Redmerski 5 Cranky Stars

Everything Under The SunEverything Under The Sun by Jessica Redmerski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Where to even begin with this review! I have had to sit and process what I read because this book took me on a wild and adventurous ride through this post-apocalyptic dystopian world. I commend this author on how fantastic she has crafted this world to be realistic. It was beautifully written, flawlessly executed and I have to say this is the BEST dystopian book I have read in 2018. I was blown away by it; it was enthralling and captivating.


Thais, the main heroine of the story, is the utter image of innocence. Barely an adult herself at 19 years of age, she was forced to grow up faster than expected. With the fall of society and the world transforming to chaos, Thais had to struggle her entire life just to survive. When an attack forces her and her sister from their temporary safe haven where they lived in a small mountain village with others trying to survive like them, Thais is set on a path that she wasn’t prepared for. I loved the purity that the author brought to Thais in a world full of corruption, rape, murder, drugs, and oppression. Thais is the beam of hope, the light in a very dark world.


Atticus has earned himself a place in the top of most loyal and honorable heroes that has ever been written. He is a good man struggling to survive in a world dominated by evil men. He is a top dog soldier that struggles with his morality to do what is right, when everyone is doing what is wrong. He is forced to live a life he doesn’t agree with, losing himself to the darkness of what the world has turned into. Then Thais enters his world unexpectedly and he does everything in his power to keep her light shining bright.


Both set out on a mission to survive in this world and find a safe place in a world that has evil lurking in every corner. The characters created in this world will keep you guessing if they are honest to goodness nice people or if they are the bad in the world that Thais and Atticus are most afraid of. The author will keep you guessing, never knowing who is good and who isn’t; never knowing who they can trust and who they can’t. And that ending! AHH! I can’t even process and I can’t talk too much because I don’t want to give this book away too much. You HAVE to read it!


JEFFERY!!! (Little needs said on this character. The Author knows!)


I have to give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I’d give it more if I could! It sucked me right in. I read it all in one LONG sitting. I highly recommend this book for ALL dystopian lovers. It is the best one out there yet! I found myself cursing at the author and crying throughout this book. She brings this world to life and makes you feel as if you are Thais herself or Atticus himself. Perfection! Utter Perfection!

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home