Tuesday, May 8, 2018

New Review! Pieces of Eight (The Mad Love Duet #2) by Whitney Barbetti 5 Cranky Stars

Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet, #2)Pieces of Eight by Whitney Barbetti
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I’m still trying to formulate words on how this book made me feel. I can probably express them in a myriad of sounds but I will find my words. Six and Mira. Mira and Six. Arghhhhh.


Mira is trying to cope with her loss in another way other than the addictions she had in the previous book. She is still the self sabotaging self hating Mira but she’s matured in a lot of ways. Six is just existing. He is going through the motions doing what he feels is the next step in his life. He loves Mira and he holds her to high standards. He knows that she has to fix herself in order for there to ever be a season for them.


This book is therapy. It is closure at its finest. You finally get all the answers you wanted answered in Six Feet Under. It’s not easy its messy as hell but oh what a beautiful ride. I was angry!! There was a point that I hated Six and that hurt me. I’m a big fan of him. I wanted to rage at these two for the acid they spewed at each other when it was plainly obvious their feelings for each other. There is so much I want to say but…..spoilers


So I won’t I’ll just say please read this duet. Read it when you have time to watch your heart bleed on a the pages of Miras story. Yes this story is also about Mira and Six but it’s mainly about Mira and her healing and coming to terms with her messiness. You’ll thank me you’ll hate me but either way I want you to read this.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home