Thursday, September 20, 2018

New Review! Death by the River by Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor 5 Cranky Stars

Death by the RiverDeath by the River by Alexandrea Weis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Holy…..whoa!! This is my first book by this macabre writing duo and I want to get my hands on everything they have written. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this book. It was like the drama of Riverdale and Pretty Little Liars mixed with American Psycho. I wanted to slowly savor this story, yet I wanted to know so much what was going to happen. I was on the edge of my seat till the very end.


Beau Devereaux is a psycho. Well on the outside he is the quintessential boy next door with his good looks, tons of old money, popular and of course star quarterback. Everyone is his puppet even his girlfriend Dawn the head cheerleader. Deep inside something dark and sinister lurks inside Beau. Even his parents know he’s a bad seed. He thinks he is untouchable, and he proves that time and time again. He sets his sights on Leslie who is Dawns identical twin. When she shut him down he turned to revenge and boy does it get brutal.


Leslie hates Beau Devereaux. He torments her daily and makes her high school life a living Hell. She tries to warn her sister away from him, but she isn’t hearing it. She just wants to get through the days wit her boyfriend Derek. The only bright spot in the halls of her high school. When horrifying things start happening in their small town she knows who is to blame. She wants to bring justice to the ones he has wronged.


Beau is psychotic there is no other word for him. He had me on the edge of my seat clinging to the kindle so hard I’m surprised I didn’t break it.


This story flowed magically. I could almost see the story being played out in my head. I will admit this book might not be for a lot of people it might trigger feelings. For me it just became a part of a greater story and boy oh boy that ending. Phew read this story people and be prepared for a wild ride.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home