Tuesday, January 22, 2019

New Review! Reaching Refuge (Shelter Me #2) by Annie Anderson 4.5 Cranky Stars

Reaching Refuge (Shelter Me #2)Reaching Refuge by Annie Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I wish I had the words to describe the love story between Graham and Avery. It’s everything. I mean they loved each other for years even with an ocean between them and neither one even thinking that they still had that spark. Their families are like the Hatfields and McCoys. They both despise each other but Graham and Avery still fell in love until a chance encounter forced them apart. He went off to war and she fled the town that broke her heart. Years later they return and are still dancing around each other when it finally clicks that they are adults and don’t have to stay apart. They come together and it is all happiness and passionate touches. Sadly, the town has a dark secret and these two seem to be connected to it and it brings their relationship to its breaking point.


I love the Shelter Me series so far. It’s equal parts love and mystery. You find yourself on the edge of your seat wondering what will come next and who is really to blame. I have always loved Graham even from the snippets we got of him in the first book. He has this quiet protective demeanor about him you can’t help but love. Avery’s story is heartbreaking. Her family is damaged, and you aren’t sure they can be redeemed. There are some serious oh my god moments in this book you don’t see coming and you hope everyone comes out unscathed. I can’t wait to read Orin’s story next. I bet he has a good one to tell.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home