Thursday, February 28, 2019

New Review! The Bastard (The Filthy Trilogy #1) by Lisa Renee Jones 4 Cranky Stars

The Bastard (Filthy Trilogy #1; Dirty Rich, #6)The Bastard by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Eric was a bastard and savant. His mother was the mistress to the owner of the Kingston Empire. A company that designs high end cars. He tries to fit in but when the family makes you feel worthless you learn to forge your own way. It’s at his final attempt at being a family that he meets Harper. They have a tryst and he learns who she really is and he walks away. Now he is a former Navy SEAL and a self made billionaire. He owes everything to Greyson Bennett. When after 6 years Harper waltzes into his office for help he pushes her away and advises her leave Kingston Motors behind but she’s stubborn because part of her deceased father is in that empire.


Harper had an immediate connection to Eric. She knew he was the frowned upon son of Jeff Kingston. Her father’s car company was absorbed by Kingston Motors when he died, and her mother married Jeff. She starts to notice things are very wrong and with several wrongful death cases on their hands she knows she needs to solve this mystery. She turns to the only person who she believes can help the only one with the resources to get to the bottom of this mess once and for all. She knows it’s a gamble but it’s a risk she’s willing to take.


This book did have some steam. Woowee. Look past the relationship they have by marriage since they never really interacted or lived together.


I just wish it wasn’t drilled into our heads that Eric is a billionaire and a bastard. It’s like ok we know!! I know it was trying to drive home a point, but it got to be a bit much. Also, I know it was done to build up the story but the whole I have a secret and keep repeating it and dodging it was kind of annoying. If they really wanted to tell each other their secret, they would have done it despite the million interruptions. I really hated Isaac that guy is shady and a master manipulator. I did like Eric but he was stubborn and Harper was really trying to make it in a male dominated field. I know it sounds like I didn’t enjoy the story, but I did. I liked the chemistry between Eric and Harper, and I can’t wait to jump into the next book to get some much needed and deserved answers.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home