Thursday, February 28, 2019

New Review! Stormy Kind of Love by Tia Lee 3 Cranky Stars

Stormy Kind of LoveStormy Kind of Love by Tia Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I'm on the fence with this book. Like I love the characters and the premise of the story but I just don’t know if I would call this book a suspenseful romance. It just wasn’t that... well... suspenseful.


Let me say that I love a best friend turned lover romance. Rachel and Asher are an adorable couple. I have a thing for nerds and Asher is that adorable nerd that is a bit of a romantic and was raised a good ol’ boy. He knows how to respect and love a woman. His y’all lanky form mixed with just the right amount of muscle to give him an attractive appeal was the perfect creation for that best friend math geek.


Rachel is a head full of blonde curls heading into life care free and clueless to what she wants. Typical really, but she is smart and has a big heart. What I like about her is she also makes mistakes. Not everyone is perfect. She is far from it. She overlooks Asher because she doesn’t really see him at first. How could she with hot steamy biker boy Liam? Eventually she realizes her mistake in Liam and begins to see Asher for who he really is and bam, best friends turned lovers.


Liam is every girl’s wet dream. What girl in her right mind wouldn’t want that dangerous bad boy. Who wouldn’t want to be that gorgeous gem hanging off his leather jacket arm and riding on the back of his motorcycle with hot steamy sex just waiting around the corner? But Liam isn’t a good person and he loses his mind when it comes to Rachel. Obsession and addiction and stalking take a big part in his unhealthy connection to Rachel. With his past coming to light, it’s just not a good mix.


Now, all that sounds great right? For me the story was dull. A suspenseful romance should be suspenseful and I just wasn’t on the edge of my seat biting my nails with this one. There was a big lack in basic human emotion. The POV was not written properly to pull me in completely. When I hear or read a book is a suspenseful romance I want to be completely invested, hook line sinker, pull me in and blow my mind. This book had no emotion, no descriptive details to explain the heart throbbing, exciting or terrifying sensations that the characters were feeling through the ups and downs of the story being told. If anything it was just a girl talking to her best friend giving a timeline of events that took place and nothing more.


For lack of emotions and better description with the authors writing, I give this book 3 cranky stars. Add some gory details and some insightful description to make the readers imagination go wild, then maybe this book can be considered suspenseful. Otherwise it’s like I’m listening to my 6 year old tell me a scary story that turns out to be a dry humorous fantasy that she made up.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home