Tuesday, February 5, 2019

New Review! Finding Home by K.L. Humphreys 4 Cranky Stars

Finding HomeFinding Home by K.L. Humphreys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Trent and Michelle have been dealt a life full of tragedy. He’s serving time for assaulting his sisters’ abusive husband and well she has been abused at the hand of a so-called family friend for it to end in tragedy. When Trent is set to be released his cellmate Dustin gives him the name of a woman who will be waiting for him. She will give him an apartment and a job. He wasn’t expecting an angel that was Michelle. She breathed new life into him and gave him a chance and he in turn sparked happiness into her sad sheltered life. Michelle is just trying to deal with her guilt and her dark thoughts yet she finds herself leaning on Trent and letting him in. Life isn’t all roses there is a lingering presence that neither one of them can’t shake and his name is Ric. Something is off about him and after a serious of mysterious events unfold, they know the past is coming to the present. Trent will do anything for the girl he loves, and he does with the help of her chosen family.


This book has a lot of themes mainly depression and suicide and abuse. It’s about doing what is right despite the consequences. Michelle and Trent did kind of fall in love quickly, but I think that is what they both needed. I liked that some of the tenants in the apartment that Michelle owned were her family. She was very closed off but also very friendly and trusting. I loved Trent despite being a felon he had a huge heart and all he wanted to do was protect the ones he loved. My only real complaint is that the ending seemed to drag. I understand that we needed to get Michelle back to a good place but it kind of seemed to just go on and on.


Healing had to take place sure but all in all I kind of felt myself saying ok we know. Don’t hate me just my opinion. This story has a lot of heart in it and dark elements but all very true things that many deal with on a daily basis. I think with some cleaning up this story has great potential.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home