Thursday, February 14, 2019

New Review! Song of Sacrifice by Janell Rhiannon 5 Cranky Stars

Song of SacrificeSong of Sacrifice by Janell Rhiannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


This is a take on the old Greek Mythological tales leading up to the kidnapping of Helen of Troy. The author does a really good job at making the characters feel real. It is however a hard read because of all the Greek names, both human and place. I must admit I had to Google a few of the names and for the first time in my life I found out that Troy was in Turkey not Greece. According to her bio, the author is a fan of Greek mythology and does a podcast.


Let me just say I really don’t know how to review this book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book but I have always loved reading about the Greek Gods and their misadventures. The character names as I said are too complicated to list in this review. This is also a long story as there are so many different characters that are integral to the storyline.


I think I will just stop here and say, if you love reading Greek myths, pick up this book. The author lists all the characters and their relationships in an appendix to help you follow along. You won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait for Book 2 which comes out in March.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home