Tuesday, February 26, 2019

New Review! Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot #1) by Jolie Vines

Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)Storm the Castle by Jolie Vines
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Let me just say right now, for me to give a romance novel 5 stars is a rarity. Normally I feel they are too predictable and wishy washy. Not so with this one though. I loved the characters. They were strong willed and determined and cared about their families.


Mathilda is the daughter of a shrewd businessman. He is a self-made millionaire and proud of it. However, he rules his family with an iron fist. When Mathilda was ten, her sister was born and she has always felt like Scarlet’s protector. Scarlet and her Dad don’t get along and she constantly acts out. Mathilda has been trying to get her Dad to let her sister live with her. Mathilda doesn’t work for her father nor does she want to. She wants to be an event planner.


While stuck at a business dinner her Dad forced her to attend, she sees a handsome brute of a man across the room. Being already upset by a proposal her Dad’s business partner made, she tries to escape the party but of course falls and is rescued by the mystery man. He’s Scottish and his accent and good looks have her hooked.


I don’t want to spoil this story with spoilers so let me just say the action is plentiful. It’s also suspenseful and definitely a “can’t put it down” book. Looking forward to book 2 which will tell another character’s story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home