Thursday, May 2, 2019

New Review! Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills 5 Cranky Stars

Boyfriend BargainBoyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I’m not going to lie it took me a day and a half to read this story. I didn’t abandon the family, but I sure did some stellar procrastinating when it came time for snacks. I was just that into the story of Sugar and Zack. It was a troupe we see often but with its own unique twist. Gone is the hero who is all swagger and not a problem in the world and replaced him with a guy who hides behind all that swagger with a real problem that many face today.


Zack was on the fast track to being a professional hockey player. Finishing out his last year in college with his best friend Eric and his brother Reece he seems to have it all. Little by little he starts to slip and has a hard time keeping a grip on his game. He is loaded down with so much guilt and the pressure to be the best he finally feels like he might crack. When he notices a girl who just happens to be everywhere, he is it’s like looking at a ghost from his past. He finally meets this beauty and realizes she is nothing like that ghost and she is everything he wants. He goes along with her silly plan as a means to get close to her. Now he must convince her the boyfriend bargain she came to him with needs to be tossed aside and try the real thing.


Sugar (yep that’s her real name) just wants to make it to law school. She was the product of an affair and her mama gave her the best life she could. When tragedy strikes, she finds herself in the town of Sparrow Lake being raised by her mamas’ best friend who runs The Boobie Bungalow while attending college. She’s introverted and only has a few close friends. She is done with men since Bennett the man whore cheated. She does her research on Zack and thinks he might be the key to get her noticed for a chance at a prestigious law school. She is shocked when Zack agrees to her bargain but she didn’t realize that she would be the one with feelings and trying and failing to not succumb to his advances.


I loved it. Zack is the ultimate. I mean I get his condition for it’s something I struggle with myself. I love that he was so real. All that swagger and smiles was his mask. Arghhh I just want to squeeze him. Sugar was an awesome character even with her running when things got too close. I got why but darn girl chill for a few seconds and listen. This book wasn’t just about hockey and falling in love it will also steam up your kindle. Someone get me a fan cause lord have mercy these two. I wanted to climb Z like a tree a few times during this book. I’m so glad I read this book so can I have a story about Eric? Please? I’m not to proud to beg!



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home