Tuesday, June 25, 2019

New Review! Becoming the Witch (The Rise of Orion #0.5) by J.M. Davies 4 Cranky Stars

Becoming the Witch (The Rise of Orion #0.5)Becoming the Witch by J.M. Davies
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This book really held my attention from page 1. I like to rate a story and writer by my eagerness to read more of their work. I am definitely going to be following J.M.Davies after this glorious prequel.


With that being said, I do have a couple of gripes. I am a bit disappointed that the protagonists never really come into their power or effectively defend themselves against Sir Charles. He's a giant jerk and very much wish that Elizabeth would have gotten at least some small measure of justice. Or That Raven would have given him the very deserved butt kicking that he completely earned. That feels very much like an itch that I just can't scratch.


I feel like some characters had developing stories that I need to follow up on, like that of Gabriel the vampire. There's definitely a broader story there. I can't wait to read her other works. All in all, I give this 4 out of 5 cranky stars.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home