Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New Review! Fortuna Sworn by K.J. Sutton 4.5 Cranky Stars

Fortuna SwornFortuna Sworn by K.J. Sutton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Fortuna Sworn is a Nightmare dressed like a daydream. Ok sorry for breaking out my inner Taylor Swift but it’s true. Fortuna is a species called a Nightmare and with one touch to your skin she can see your worst fears and project them into your head and make you scared.


Her looks are based on what you find beautiful to make her more alluring to you. She’s a rare breed indeed. She made a promise to take care of her brother for always and when he goes missing, she doesn’t stop looking for him. When she is trapped and caged and finds herself in a market full of supernatural creatures for sale a mystery man appears and gives her the keys. This man will appear at many times and comes up with a proposition to help her find Damon if she does a favor for him as well. His name is Collith and he is fae. He is hiding many secrets and Fortuna soon learns all the fae lore she learned might not be a hundred percent true. It’s a journey full of trials and backstabbing and heartbreak and Fortuna is a formidable woman.


This was the first story I’ve ever read about a species called a Nightmare. What a crafty gift to have. Fear drives so many people so why not. It was a lot of story going on so it’s one you really must pay attention too. It’s not a light read. I felt at times Fortuna was very immature especially in her reactions to things. She was a force don’t get me wrong I just wish she’d act more grown up at times instead of constantly lashing out especially at Collith who I felt in his own way was trying to help her along. I hope that if this becomes a series that we see growth from her and I want Collith to really embrace who she is. Fortuna Sworn has something for everyone who loves fantasy reads including a lot of mystery and drama. I was glad I got a chance to read a unique book based on a character I’ve never had the privilege to read.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home