Tuesday, August 6, 2019

New Review! Sweet Poisons (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths Duet #1) by Natalie Bennett 4 Cranky Stars

Sweet Poisons (Pretty lies, ugly truths duets #1)Sweet Poisons by Natalie Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Sweet Poisons is brutal. It’s dirty and will leave you with more questions than answers which I know are coming. I almost felt like I was dropped into the middle of another story when I first started this book. Sweet poisons is quick but will not be for everyone. It’s not a sweet love story or a hopeful one even. It’s nasty and dirty just like Nova and Rhett.


Nova finds solace in the bottom of multiple liquor bottles nightly. Her life has been a lie followed up by a tragedy. She still lives in the house where all this occurred and bleeds her nightmares onto canvas. She always portrayed herself to the world in one certain way and that was meek and a good girl but inside Nova is anything but that. She’s dirty and tainted and her thoughts aren’t for the weak. All a girl needs is her paints, vodka and her two best friends. She wasn’t expecting Rhett and he is the absolute worse for her yet she feels safe with him. Rhett is very secretive. No one in town really knows him but everyone wants to party at his house and buy his brand of poison but he is so much darker than a fly by night pill dealer. He watches Nova without her knowing and inserts himself into her life. Making her fall for him despite them being totally wrong for each other. He knows he is now Nova’s drug of choice and he plays on that. He learns who Nova is and can’t wait to explore her dark side. Eventually everyone’s secrets will come to light.


I can’t wait for book two to finally have some answers. I think I know what’s up but I’m not sure. This book does end on a cliffhanger so be mindful if you are the type of person who doesn’t want to wait for the answers to come shortly. Rhett was rough with Nova during sex despite her asking for it. You can’t glamorize him or find a redeeming quality to him. He isn’t a character meant to be liked and I don’t think either Is Nova. Annika though I don’t trust, and Emery I just want to hug the girl. She just needs to be loved and I’m not sure Callum is that for her. I can’t wait for book two bring it on!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home