Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New Review! Circle (The Sisterhood Stories Series) by Alison Clarke 3 Cranky Stars

Circle (The Sisterhood Stories Book 3)Circle by Alison Clarke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 CRANKY STARS


This is a very hard review to write. I checked out Amazon and everyone is giving it 5 stars but in good faith, I can’t do that. I have not read the first two books. Maybe if I had read them, I would have liked this book. However, if I had tried to read book 1 and it was like this one, I wouldn’t have even finished it.


From the comments in the other reviews, these are books empowering women of color. The very first story in this book is about Abinet (Abi). I did enjoy this story. It tells her history and the stories from her grandmothers. If the whole book had been like this, it might have made sense. However, the story morphed into changes in dimensions, mythological gods, angels, and demons. It lost me right there. From then on, each chapter was either about another girl “empowered” to fight in the upcoming war of good against evil or the gods deciding what to do next. Just trying to sort out who was who gave me a headache.


I really think the author could have found a less complicated way to empower women. If I got lost, imagine what would happen to a teenager. It’s not worth reading for me if I constantly must turn back pages to figure out what is happening.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home